I am the yin and the yang.
I will seek solutions while others cast blame.
I will quell hostility with tranquility.
I will meet mistrust with honesty,
frustration with compassion,
and ignorance with explanation.
I will rise to a challenge,
conquer my fears with confidence,
and become enlightened.
I am who I choose to be.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Gen Five

Some time ago, Geocities closed and with it, two of my old journals (my first and third) disappeared.  I managed to rescue one at the last minute, and thought the other had joined the fate of my second in being lost to the void forever.

Some time later it turned out that this was not the case, as I came across an old CD where I'd backed up the first and second journals.

I'd like to get back to writing again, though I make no promises to do so with any regularity.  But I figured the first step was to at least go back over what I've written in the past and rescue anything I feel has substance.  I refer to this as "Gen Five", because there was also a short-lived blog simultaneous to my third journal as well, from which I've taken nothing but the Mantra above, as it was the only thing there I felt had value.

It may take some time to get back through all the old material and find those things I consider worthwhile, so for archived posts from the past may seem to appear at random.

And FYI, since I don't know the dates on a lot of the older stuff, much will simply appear as Jan 1 for the year I think I wrote it.